Friday, September 21, 2012

Shortest Presto Pasta Night Roundup

This week's roundup consists of only three dishes... make that four.  I somehow missed Claire of Chez Cayenne, who fortunately caught the fact that I hadn't included it.  Perhaps my Spam folder had a great meal.   I love her Cheezy Vegan Mushroom & Roasted Pepper Lasagna.
Tigerfish of Teczcape, long time PPNer made an intriguing dish of Loofah in Rich Tomato Broth.  The only loofah I've ever known is the one I use to exfoliate.   But before it's dried and used as a sponge, it's a very tasty ingredient.  Now I have to hunt for some here in Nova Scotia.
I've always asked for non-bloggers to share recipes but they rarely do.  This week, we all got lucky when my friend Costas Halavrezos, my favorite Spice Man at the Historic Farmers Market here in Halifax sent me an email.  This Mesta Village Pasta was heavenly.  I only added shrimp so my Honey of the "I don't like tomatoes" camp, would try it.  It worked but the shrimp are totally unnecessary 
Actually, I had planned on making a simple side pasta tossed with some olive oil and David Rocco's Chili Pesto to go with a new chicken dish.
Instead I made it with some sauteed shrimp for my Honey as a main... thus the extra shrimp being added to the Mesta Village Pasta.  That dish worked really well too.

Next week, Elizabeth of The Law Students Cookbook is hosting for the second time.  Let her feel the love and share lots of recipes with her.  Just write, mention Presto Pasta Nights and The Law Student Cookbook with links and email your URL to elizabeth (at) crabtech (dot) net and cc me ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday.

If you don't have a blog, but like Costas, you would like to share a dish send it to me at ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com.    And if you'd like to host an upcoming PPN, let me know that too.  In the meantime,  have a great weekend.

3 comments:

tigerfish said...

Time to get some shrimps for pasta! Suddenly I have a shrimp craving after looking at the other dishes.

Keep PPN going! Thanks for the round up.

Unknown said...

These dishes look delicious! I can't wait to go home and cook some of them with my mom!

Claire said...

Mouth watering dishes....I am dolling here looking at all the dishes..yumms!!