Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Delicious Steak Potatoes and Pasta

I'm not sure where the days have gone.  It's already Wednesday and I seem to have lost a day this week somehow.   Life's been a whirlwind with a nice visit from my younger daughter.  We ate well, but I never got a chance to write about it.   So here are some of the highlights...

A barbecue dinner of chicken kebabs (marinated in lime juice,garlic, olive oil, Dijon mustard) served with corn on the cob, pesto rice (steamed basmati tossed with homemade basil pesto) and salad from the garden (Joanna's garden, that is) - no photos and no real recipes either.
I did get both for last night's dinner though...Mustard Garlic Flank Steak with Lemon Zesty Grilled Potatoes - simple and perfect when you run out of steam and still have to feed people.

The photo at the top of the post is of a "made up on the fly" kind of pasta dish... Creamy Cheesy Swiss Chard Pasta.  And my perfect segue to remind you that I'm hosting this week's Presto Pasta Night Roundup.   Tell your friends to join in the fun too.  Just share a recipe and mention Presto Pasta Nights and send the link to me - ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by tomorrow night.  And there's still time for you to sign up for a hosting yourself.  Next week is open as isAugust 24th and beyond. Just drop me a line and I'll schedule you in.  

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Summer is definitely here. I can't wait to dig potatoes from my garden.

Ruth Daniels said...

We've already had some from Joanna's garden.

Simona Carini said...

I've already eaten some of my potatoes: I wish I had planted more. They are so good when freshly dug. I like your pasta, Ruth: a great idea to use the chard from my garden. Have a great weekend.