Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chicken & Kale Pasta - Inspired by Many

Where do I start?   So many places inspired this dish...
  • a trip to the market last Saturday with purchases of young purple kale from Selwood Green and boneless free run chicken breasts (well, the whole chickens are allowed to run free before they end up at Getaway Farm  - Meat Mongers).
  • another look atMix & Match Meals - a fun book with each page divided into thirds - starters, mains & desserts
  • a wander through my Pinterest collection of pastas that I've pinned every time I find one that has me drooling, so I won't forget where I initially found them.
  • the box of Sobaya Soba natural wheat & buckwheat pasta I found in my pantry... when did I buy that, I wonder... and they're a Canadian company - even better.
  • a craving for Asian while watching some TV "cop" show (I'm addicted to them all) with detectives eating Chinese take out while solving crimes
Whatever the inspiration...it was so easy to make and so delicious - we had seconds!  And I even got to enter it into this week's Presto Pasta Night hosted by Heather our Girlichef extraordinaire.  There's still time to send her your entry... to  girlichef (at) yahoo (dot) com and cc ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com... before midnight tonight. Keep checking tomorrow at Girlichef for the roundup.  And if you're interested in hosting a Presto Pasta Night roundup this summer, just send me an email.  

2 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Oh, I love all of those inspirations. ESPECIALLY the cop show...sounds like something I would be inspired by ;). This dish looks so incredibly mouthwatering...wish I could reach in and fill up my bowl! =)

Joanne said...

This is a great reminder that I haven't made an Asian style pasta in a while...or eaten kale in a while! Oops.