Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Heavenly Lemony Shrimp Arugula & Roasted Tomato Pasta

I've been remiss... not making pasta, or at least not writing about my pasta experiences of late.  But that is obviously about to change.
This absolutely scrumptious  Lemony Pasta with Shrimp, Baby Arugula & Roasted Tomatoes so delicious I probably will raid the fridge for seconds at some point this evening...was inspired by several things..
...dinner at my daughter's.  She roasted tomatoes to serve with baby kale from her garden, 
... which got me thinking of arugula for some bizarre reason.  I've been meaning to get to the farmers market for the last few Saturdays, ... but that's another story.
...and a great looking orzo with scallops and herbs from Recipes.Com that I have on my Pinterest list of faves.

And for you vegetarians out there.. this would be fantastic with just the arugula and roasted tomatoes.  I can hear those of you who know me gasping at the idea that I could enjoy a shrimp dish without any shrimp, but it's true.  In fact, next time I'll just quadruple the tomatoes and omit the shrimp it was that good.  

Since this is a post about pasta, it's a perfect segue to inviting you to join me this week for Presto Pasta Night.  I'm hosting and I'd love to get your pasta dishes to add to Friday's roundup.  Just email me the details (found here) to ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday.   And if you'd like to host a PPN roundup, let me know that too.  It's lots of fun and a great way to make new foodie friends.

Where do you find your inspirations?

2 comments:

Patsyk said...

This looks wonderful... and I love how you came up with it!

Joanne said...

Lemony flavors feel perfect for right now! delicious dish!