Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finally a Trip to the Farmers Market

It's been weeks since I last made it to the Seaport Farmers Market.  Blame it on my knee, but that's all behind me now.  Knee is on the mend and before I poop out and enjoy my score watching Netflix or some old movie on DVD, I thought I'd share....

Goat cheeses from Ran-Cher Acres,  Smoked Gouda from Foxhill Cheese House,  Baguette and challah from Julien's Bakery (baguette & cheeses will be lunch in front of the TV and challah will be saved for my Honey's Famous French Toast for tomorrow's breakfast), organic fed free range eggs, asparagus and fiddleheads from Selwood Green - I still have to write about my chat with Norbert & Minga),  Strip loin (for dinner), lamb (cut to order by Ben the Butcher for more lamb kebabs) and fresh chorizo & spicy Italian sausages - all from Getaway Farm's Meat Mongers.
Lots of herbs (in pots - oregano & rosemary to add to my window sill) and bagged - lemon basil, mint and baby radish leaves as well as three cutest cucumbers ever from RiverView Herbs ,...
blooming chives, baby green onions, arugula & rhubarb from Taproot Farms.


And that was all my knee could cope with....so the apple sage jelly from Tangled Garden (you HAVE to watch the video of Beverly McClare), the Dragon's Breath Blue Cheese from That Dutchman's Farm, fresh local, sustainable fish from The Fish Shop at Pier 20, and whatever else my wandering eye catches will have to wait.  

I do hope I've inspired you all to support your local farmers markets.  It's not just about the wonderful foods you find, it's about being able to connect with the people who bring it to you and share the trip from farm to table with them.

No comments: