Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Delay in Posting - Blame it on Knee Surgery

Sorry for the double post, and I'll blame it ... and my tardiness in sharing the latest Presto Pasta Night news on having some knee surgery done last week.  My grandson said it best..."I'm still  foggy" and having some difficulty sitting at my computer for long.   So I apologize to the wonderful Alicia of Cook. Craft. Enjoy for hosting last week and for those of you who shared delicious pasta dishes with us, for not writing about it sooner.   You can check them out here.... Presto Pasta Night #264
And, hopefully you will all be sharing another tasty pasta with Rachel, The Crispy Cook, who is hosting yet again, this coming Friday...only two sleeps from now!.  Send your entries to oldsaratogabooks (at) gmail (dot) com and cc ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com by Thursday, May 24 and check back for the roundup on Friday, May 25.  Once again, my apologies for the delay in sharing. 
 And I promise to share what a challenged cook and her assistant (AKA My Honey) eat during my hobbling about - a lovely scramble (similar to this one) with goat cheese (from my favorite Ran-Cher Acres) , roasted asparagus (peeking in the background), roasted red peppers (admittedly from a jar) and some fresh arugula and herbs from my daughter's garden.
Supper was simple... Shrimp, More Roasted Asparagus and Arugula over basil pesto from my freezer (similar to this one). .  


And now it's time for a nap.   More good food to come.... Please don't forget to share a pasta with Rachel.  Send your entries to oldsaratogabooks (at) gmail (dot) com and cc ruth (at) 4everykitchen (dot) com 

4 comments:

Joanne said...

I hope your knee is feeling better, chica! I'm sure you'll be back to your usual self in no time!

Ruth Daniels said...

Thanks Joanne, it's already waaaaaay better than before the surgery. No crutches even.

Alisha said...

Hope you get all back to normal soon! Downtime of the medical induced kind is never fun. :-)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

You will be walking the farmers markets and streets of halifax in no time and running after those grandkids. From your latest post I can see that this is the case. Glad to see you are doing better!