Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Favorite Shrimp Pastas


In the countdown to the big Presto Pasta Night One Year Birthday Bash this coming Friday, I plan on spending the week sharing some of my own favorites...

Yesterday was my homage to lasagna. It holds a warm place in my heart. Today I decided to wander through some of my really early posts (back to 2005 - hard to believe) for an old favorite. And this one....well, it's still a favorite and made often with some variations. The picture is less than stellar, but the taste....oh...my...goodness!


Naturally, it started me thinking about all the other great recipes with shrimp (one of my favorite food groups...that person at the reception, hogging the shrimp platter....that's me!). So here are some of the ones we see over an over in my home. Mostly because shrimp and chorizo sausages are staples I can't live without. Nothing whips up together faster, better or more impressive to those last minute guests. Like...



Fusilli with Shrimp in Cilantro Tomato Sauce


Shrimp & Italian Sausage Marinara


Shrimp Asparagus & Mushrooms over Multigrain Pasta


Roasted Red Pepper Pesto & Shrimp


Open Ravioli with Shrimp & Spinach

And I can't believe I don't actually have a recipe (0r photo) for the easiest of all...Shrimp with Pesto over whatever pasta is handy.

What's your special, "must have" staple for drop in guests or just plain "losing track of the time" meals? Please join in the Presto Pasta Night Party...It's so easy!

No comments: